Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 1

I did something new today. I cooked chicken. I have not cooked raw chicken in a long time. I have a strange fear of raw meat. I don't like to look at it let alone touch it. I remember once when I was little, having to mix the meatloaf by hand and I burned my hands in the hot water trying to wash the gross feeling off. But I did it!
Yesterday I purchased 2lbs of chicken thighs. They were visibly fatty (another reason I'm not a meat fan) so individually cut off the fat as best I could. I put them in the freezer 2 in a bag. Today I finished de-fatting the ones in the fridge (I ran out of time yesterday) and looked up how best to cook them. Online it said bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. I sprayed the small dish with pam first. Then, spur of the moment and having no idea what I was doing, I mixed a third cup of olive oil with random spices from the cupboard. Some had never been opened before since I moved here. By hand, I rubbed 3 of the chicken thighs with the mixture and placed them in the baking dish. I had a ton of the oil mix left over so I just poured it over the chicken. It came out delicious! Yay for me and small accomplishments like touching raw chicken for the first time in memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment