Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 6

I can't believe I've stayed abstinent for 5 days. Three weeks ago if you said I could go without flour and sugar for 5 days strait I wouldn't have believed you. I think I'm getting over the withdrawal part soon. The part where you feel lethargic and kind of foggy because your body has been used to functioning and dealing with copious amounts of sugar every day. But it's worth it because my blood sugars are around 130-150 during the day now instead of 200's. The past few days I've had a friend staying with me. Last night she bought pizza and I didn't even have a bite. I wanted one, oh yeah did I want one, but I didn't. I feel like I've actually accomplished something for once in my life. 5 days is a small accomplishment, but I still did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment